Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sport & Stuff

Well I hope you're having better luck with that meteor shower than I am. If they want to be seen in my little corner of the UK they're going to have to grab a couple of picks and a bloody big shovel and do some serious digging. The sky is hidden behind a wall of cloud about 20m thick and it's raining (again). Ah well, maybe next year.

Watched the football earlier. International friendly between Holland & England. The first half was a bit of a humiliation. We weren't playing that badly but a couple of real howlers in defence left us 2-0 down. It reminded me of that Ruud Gullit saying, "We in Holland play Total Football whereas you English play total b*llocks". A couple of changes in the second half made all the difference and we finished a respectable 2-2. Not a bad game. And of course the new Premiership season starts this Saturday. I'm a happy camper because ESPN have picked up the games that Setanta dropped when it went belly-up and the first game they're showing is my lads. Come on you Gunners!! And to really make me happy they also picked up the Aussie Rules. No sign of the hurling or the Gaelic football yet though. So I'm only very happy and not yet ecstatic.

Apparently, (should I wish to stay up into the wee, small hours), I can also watch some strange ritual where a group of grown men play something resembling of rounders game and fondly believe it's a sport. ESPN seem to have about two-thirds of their schedule devoted to this. It's called MLB. Weird.

This is Ze signing out and waiting for the explosions *g*. Have a good week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

1 comment:

ToonCat said...

So this could be my chance to try and teach myself that rounders type game huh?! Unfortunately, ESPN isn't at the top of my viewing list as I'm watching Championship football this season :-(

As far as the Prem goes - I'll be hoping for a close run thing between Liverpool and your lot! Have a good season!