Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weird

Got a lot of response to yesterday's post - obviously a topic on which most people hold passionate views. I'll reply to you all asap. I'll even be polite *g*.

Weird thing happened this week. Someone emailed to tell me how much they enjoyed one of my stories and asked if they could post a link on a forum of which they're a member. I was very flattered, thanked them for the praise and said it'd be an honour. I popped along to the forum to see what had been posted. She hadn't posted a link. She'd posted the story. In its entirety. And not only that she'd posted the other story I wrote about the same characters, in its entirety, too. Talk about eating up the forum bandwidth. Mind you, the site it's on probably has about a zillion gigs to play with, but all the same... She left my pen-name & email addy on it so it's not like it wasn't clearly mine. It just seemed, well, strange to copy & paste the whole thing instead of just link to it. Still, it was nice to know she liked it. Personally I'm not happy with either of them, (the stories that is), I'm positive I could do better. But I'll bet every writer thinks that about everything they write.

Ah well. Not a lot to say tonight. Bone tired. Not sleeping well. Too humid. I'll let you get on & read your updates. (And I still love the NHS *g* it's saved my life on more than one occasion).

Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: