Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I'm Hot

And I don't mean I'm sexy. It's way too hot. (Ok - not by most of the world's standards but it's bloody hot for England in early June). It was 26c (around 78f) today. It's been between 22 & 26 for the past week. It should be 18c (45f) or thereabouts at this time of the year.

I don't tan. Not even with having worked outdoors for most of my life. I go from stark white to fried-to-a-crisp-and-red-as-a-strawberry in about 30 seconds. So I drench myself in factor 35 sunscreen. It's nice and sticky. And attracts every single bit of dust, dirt, earth, mortar or plaster-mix for about three counties. I think I was half-way through my second shower this evening before I could see skin.

I'm smarter than the plasterer's mate though. I was drinking water as if it was going out of style. And I was even pouring some over the back of my neck because the interior of the flat we were working on was reading closer to 40c. He reckoned that was being a wimp and he was too macho. Didn't look quite so macho when he went face down in his mix because he passed out from heat-stroke did he?? Plonker. Wish I'd thought to take photos.

Ze

1 comment:

E said...

I am with you...our average is 65F and sadly today hit 85F with tomorrow heading higher...eww! Good Luck.