Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Feeling better, reading worse

I'm feeling a lot better in case anybody wondered. The swelling round my neck is starting to shrink, my throat isn't as sore. I actually ate solid food tonight. Thanks for the get well messages. Much appreciated. Of course I'm still not allowed back to work. Or out to the shops because I'm still infectious. (I can hear supermarket managers the length and breadth of the country sighing in relief). It's a shame because Focus has a sale on. I know because a leaflet dropped through the door. It's worth having a look solely because of the bad puns. The leaflet said "Bargains to diy for".

Mind you, as my neck gets better I think my eyes are getting worse. I just read a headline on the BBC website about racist attacks on some Romanian people of Roma (Romany gypsy) extraction. It said "Fleeing Romanians are rehoused". It must have taken me a full two minutes staring at the headline before I realised what it actually said. I'd been wondering when we'd allowed the Romulans to settle here.

Maybe I just need more sleep. On that note, I'm for bed. See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze


No comments: