Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bleh

Not well. Thought I'd been feeling incredibly tired the past few days. And a bit bleh. And a lot grumpy, to the point of being really, really rude for absolutely no reason. (I'm often rude but usually for a reason *g*). At work today I was feeling so bad that I finally told the foreman I was sick & left at lunch-time. I rang the doc to see if I could get an appointment this side of Christmas and, surprise surprise, was told I could have one for early this evening. I walked into the consulting room and before I could even sit down she told me, "You have mumps." My reaction was "WTF. Mumps?? Are you sure??" Then I sat down and said, "Sorry, you're the doctor, of course you're sure." She did the usual "say ah" routine & confirmed it. I have mumps. Wonderful!! Kids get mumps. Teenagers get mumps. Women of my age do not get mumps!! Except that it seems they do. So I'm signed off work for the next ten days. Even more wonderful. I'm self-employed so I don't get sick-pay. No work = no pay. Just as well I've got plenty of savings from my overtime. I'll be fine. Bored but fine. Can't read because I can't concentrate. Can't watch tv the light hurts (I don't watch much usually anyway though I did manage to watch the England game against Andorra tonight). Can't even write because I feel like s*** and staring at the screen gives me a headache. So I'm just going to lie on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and being grumpy (when I'm not sleeping that is.) Mumps!! Bah!!

There wasn't an awful lot for you to read tonight. So I trotted over to a livejournal community that we don't usually report on (mainly because it's been dead for a few years). It's suddenly come to life with a new writer posting her fic. So I thought I'd link to it. It's a Babylon 5 comm. You never know, if you scroll back over the old entries you might find some stuff you haven't read.

I'm for bed now so I'll say stay infection free, see you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Mumps. I don't envy you. Quite often these illnesses we get when we're kids are so much worse when they hit an adult. Rest and try not to go stir crazy.

Anonymous said...

Oh well, these things last their own time... Still I hope you get better soon!

Joan