Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Better

I'm better. Fit as a fiddle and raring to go. (Why is a fiddle fit?? Who decides a fiddle's fitness level?? How does a fiddle exercise to get fit anyway??). I've been cleared as infection free and I'm back to work tomorrow. I don't think I planned that very well. Oh I'm pleased to be back to work because I hate not being able to do things but whose daft idea was it to be sick for the fortnight before Wimbledon and then go back to work for Wimbledon fortnight?? Oh well, there's always the highlights programme.

A friend popped over to visit me today. She's been waiting until I was no longer considered infectious because she hasn't had mumps either. She brought me a bunch of flowers as a get well (or rather a you've got well already) present. (Giving somebody flowers means different things in Europe to the things it means in the USA). It was a small bunch of pinks (a mixture of really deep pink and dark crimson ones) from her garden. I don't think I've ever been given flowers before in my life. I'm usually the one giving flowers. It felt very, very weird. But I was touched. Of course I don't own a flower vase - not being the sort of cove who usually receives flowers. So I put them in a glass. They're now sitting regally in the centre of the kitchen table in a pint beer mug with the England football team Three Lions crest on it. See - you can make flowers butch!!

Ze

No comments: