Sunday, April 05, 2009

Ramble from phair

Help her out folks!
I feel like crap. Truthfully, I feel much worse than that but I want to be polite. A few weeks ago I had surgery; abdominal surgery to be exact. My doctor likes to remind me it was less than six weeks ago and the healing process will take a full four months if not more and 'the surgery' was 'three surgeries' performed by two surgeons and I went back to work too soon but all that is the stuff of a completely different ramble.

I'm miserable today because I have the flu or a virus or whatever we call the spring plague people pass around this time of year. Just about everybody I work with has fallen victim to this monster bug. It hits your head, your belly, and rattles your bones. The thing to do should be sleep and give your body a chance to fight back. But, you can't really get any solid sleep. All slumber time is interrupted by the throbbing in your head, a fully stuffed unventilated nose, with sore throat coughing, turning to gagging, resulting in running for a respectable receptacle, if you know what I mean, and culminating, of course, in the bottom line of all GI viruses which will not be detailed here other than to say…I'm going to buy a new toilet seat as soon as I feel better.

But no, I'm not writing this for sympathy. Or empathy. Just need a little hand from objective observers. You see, Monday is opening day at Fenway! Our boys of summer are returning. It is a joyous occasion for the faithful. All of Red Sox Nation will be celebrating. My work place will be observing the day with a party. Because we are a hospital, we keep the festivities to food and clothes. There will be no beer, booze, or bongs. So, we must make the most of what we got to work with.

The food is no problem. I dibs potato salad which will be delivered ready made tomorrow - I just had surgery(ies), you can't expect me to cook! My problem is..., what to wear? Jeans and baseball cap are a done deal. It is the top which is hanging me up. I've got four good styles to pick from. And, that is where I'm stuck. My pounding head and achy belly continue to distract me from this one important decision of the coming week.

So, I'm tossing it to you folks. Lend me your thoughts on which of these should go to work with me Monday.

1. A green t-shirt with Red Sox written on the front and Lowell 25 written on the back in red letters. This shirt was already worn to work on Celtic (the basketball team) Pride Day.
2. A red t-shirt with the AL championship logo from 2004 or 2007 (yes, I have both but the 2004 has never been worn)
3. A gray t-shirt with the World Series championship logo from 2004 or 2007 (again yes, I have both but the 2007 has never been worn)
4. A white with blue 3/4 sleeves t-shirt with Fenway 1901 and a pair of red sox on it.

Let me know what you think,
phair
p.phair@comcast.net


Let phair know what you think. Now back to the update, enjoy!

Elisa

No comments: