Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Blather

Where did spring go?? It was freezing today. Lovely sunshine but a bitter wind. For some reason that set my mind of on a poetic trail (St Agnes Eve, ah bitter chill it was) not that we're even remotely close to St Agnes Eve of course but for some reason I always think of that when I use the word bitter in relation to the weather. Which nicely segues into National Poetry Month. Which it is. At least it is in the USA - we don't mark it. But we should. Poetry is important.

Lent is over. I can eat biscuits (cookies) again. I gave them up for Lent. I've really missed them. Especially ginger snaps. (Great dunked in coffee). We don't do the milk-and-cookies thing over here. (Except in adverts for US products which are so very obviously US adverts dubbed with British voices). In fact if you gave a British kid milk-and-cookies you'd probably get it chucked back at you. We start drinking tea or coffee at a very young age. Though most kids prefer to rot their teeth (and stomach lining) with fizzy (soda/pop/coke whatever your area calls it).

I'm gonna shut up now as it's a pretty big update for you. I'll blather more tomorrow.

Ze

No comments: