Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I am a grown-up. Honest.

Not much for you to read tonight. So I'll witter a bit. Weather today hot. As my Da used to say it was dead hot, hot enough that you could already be dead. But I had a really nice surprise waiting for me at work. My scaffolding safety certificate had arrived. I did a short course on it about 6 months ago and never checked my results. Apparently the training provider finally got round to sending out the certificates rang the agency to find out where everybody was working and sent the certificates there. This means I'm now qualified to erect and dismantle scaffolding as well as work from it. Yet another marketable skill. It also means I get paid another 20p an hour. I promptly climbed to the top of the scaffolding we have there and did a Snoopy dance along it in celebration. While I was doing this I happened to look down at the road below. There was a lorry (truck) going past. The sign said Devon Swedes. You may remember them if you've followed my working adventures. With my usual levels of decorum, maturity and careful thoughtfulness I stopped dancing, pointed at the lorry and yelled out "Nerner ner nerner. I don't have to work for you any more."

At which point I noticed one of the brickies was recording all this on his mobile (cell phone). I tried persuasion. I tried bribery. I tried to appeal to his loyalty to a colleague. Nothing worked. I was forced to stoop to blackmail. I threatened him with the wrath of his wife. He and his missus have been attending Slimming World together in an attempt to lose weight. She is sticking to her plan religiously. He is sneaking packets of crisps (chips) and chocolate bars for lunch. I threatened to dob him in unless he deleted the video of me while I watched to confirm he had. He did. She scares him a lot more than I do.

See you next week. Have a good one. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: