Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Vote, vote, vote

It's not my country, it's not my election, but what the USA does affects the whole world. It's late here but I'm pretty sure it's not too late in most of the USA and I'm positive that those on the west coast of the USA have plenty of time still. So get out there and vote. Please. You can make a difference. I know who I'd prefer you choose - but as I said - it's not my country.

What I would like to ask you all - and it is important - and since you're reading this site and the fics we list you must, at least, be gay friendly - if you live in California a "no" on prop 8 would be nice, if you live in Connecticut a "no" on prop 1 would also be good. And in Florida a "no" on prop 2 would be great too. Those propositions are an attempt to do the untenable. They are designed to amend state constitutions to deny one group of people their rights. No amendment has ever limited rights and freedoms. Gay people aren't asking for special treatment. All they want is to be treated exactly the same as any other person. Equal treatment. Equal rights. I'm damned lucky I live in a country where these things exist. It would be nice to see a country that was founded on the principles of freedom and equality for all give those things to all it's citizens. Thank you

Now - before you start reading tonight's offerings - go vote. Then you can sit and read with a clear conscience.

Ze


1 comment:

E said...

Yep...VOTE!!!! I am American and it is important. Thanks Ze.