Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ramble from Maria

A nice ramble for you all to read.
"Married With Children" and "English as a second language"

I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and for too many reasons to go into (mostly procrastination), I just haven't. Today, I'm being a maverick . (Don't get me going on that ::sigh:J)

You don't know me, or know of me (well, some of you might, for better or for worse), but I've been lurking long enough to know that Tamara and Elisa have done a wiz-bang job of not only ensuring that our insatiable reading hunger is well fed, and gently reminding us to also feed the bards, but in keeping us abreast of their ongoing friendship, escapades, and an inside look at real "Married with Children" households. And for those of us that don’t have either the 'married' or the 'children' part, you're doing 1 of 2 things. No. Make that just one thing. Scaring the bejee…um…crap out of some of us.

But I digressed, so back to the feeding part of the reading - I for one, have been extremely lax in doing that (mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa), but I'll try to do better.

And now, into that wiz-bang job, throw in Ze. This will be a funner ride now as that English to American speak dictionary get's used. I had the great pleasure of meeting Ze in her part of the world a few years back. Such a nice woman. Tall, dark hair, slender, leather-clad, motorcycle riding, quick to smile, and charming. Wicked, wicked charm. Trust me, you don't stand a chance there. Did I mention charm? And wicked?

Don'tcha just love the way she talks? And because I didn't understand her any better at the time I met her, she quickly translated when she saw the confused look in my face, and compensated nicely (or it could have been a silly assed grin at the accent). You see, she's bi-lingual (nah ah ah, don't even go there, as she would say) and used "American speak (as they call it)."

Those English peeps claim their English is the propah English. I truly don't care if that's true or not, or whether who or not believes it (or not) – I just love to hear the English accent. And when I do, I try not to be obvious, but I follow like a puppy (could anything be less obvious?). Yes Ze, you do have an accent. Adorable.

Thank you ladies for doing this for us.

Maria


Maria you are more than welcome and thank you for the nice words! Okay y'all small update plenty of time to read these stories get some feedback to the authors.

Have a good night.
Elisa

No comments: