Thursday, October 02, 2008

Ramble from Phair

Yep, we're lucky she likes to share!
It was just a year ago I wrote about my leap to iPod Nano. Well, it was more of a push than a volitional movement. My sister gave me the gadget as a gift which sort of forced the issue for me. I could ignore the momentum of popular technology and cling to my records or I could let myself be absorbed into the mass movement to digital storage.

Of course, I joined up to the cult of the ever fleeting cutting edge.

I am happy to report, my assimilation into the techno generation has been relatively positive. It really doesn't matter I needed my nephew to assist me with the car adapter. He's a music major in college. He should know how to do stuff like that.

So, how far have I come from the original 18 songs? How close have I come to maxing out my 9000 song memory? A little drum roll if you would...221.

Try not to be disappointed in me. At least I'm in triple digits. If you break it down then I'm adding 16 songs a month, give or take. At this rate, I'll be able to fill up my sweet little red Nano in…46 years. Um, well, it's clear I'll never need to buy another one. Can't you just see me rocking away in the nursing home listening to Lost in the Supermarket?

In no particular order, here are a 18 new additions which receive a good amount of play daily on my Nano:

It's bad you know - R.L Burnside
The winter song - Angel
Breath me - Sia
Use me - Bill Withers
Pepper - Butthole Surfers
Witchi Tai To - Jim Pepper
Wichita Lineman - Jimmy Webb
Don't I hold you - Wheat
Super Bon Bon - Soul Coughing
I can't tell you why - The Eagles
Lotta love - Nicolette Larson
Cuts you up - Peter Murphy
Shame - Evelyn Champagne King
California Love - 2pac
Who love you - Frankie Valli & The four seasons
Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
Running up that hill - Kate Bush
Running up that hill - Placebo

phair
www.phair1.com


Okay, folks, start sending phair more suggestions. She has a way to go to fill up that MP3 player. Phair, once again, thank you for sharing!

On to your updates, enjoy!

Elisa

No comments: