Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ain't technology wonderful

Bloody email. I tell you - I have more email problems than any six other people I know - all lumped together. In fact I have more email problems that anybody in the known universe. In several universes. In the possibly infinite multiplicity of universes. I don't know why. It doesn't seem to matter what I do. Download to a client. Read off the web. Makes no difference. Every couple of weeks I get mail that's been sent to me fail to arrive, being sent and not getting where it should or just not loading. At the moment it's taking a good five minutes to open each mail. And at least six goes on the reload button. It's obviously my magnetic personality interfering with the internet. Either that or it's time I finally bit the bullet and bought a new laptop. This one's so old I'll swear St Paul wrote his epistles on it.

England played another World Cup Qualifier on Saturday. Yes - I was wearing them - and I bet Joe Smith put his socks on before his trousers and Peggy Brown put the milk in the tea-cup before adding sugar,just to be on the safe side. The first half...well.. let's just say that I'm a painter & decorator so I know exactly how riveting it is watching paint dry... the second half was much better. We won by a decent margin. Just as well really because we were playing Kazakhstan and they're a good one hundred or so places below us in the tables. Embarrassing wouldn't begin to cover it if we hadn't!! I was going to say I'd been to Kazakhstan a few years ago and how friendly the Kazakhs were - and then I realised just how long ago it was that I was there. Bloody Ada!! Where did time go?? It can't be that long ago. I'm not that old am I?? Nah. I'm not. If we go by mental age I'm still a teenager!!

Enough from me. Go read.

Ze

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned how wonderful it is that you are now a regular part of the updates? If not, I am now!

E said...

Mochaberry...I completely AGREE!!! Thanks Ze!

zero2aries said...

Erm.. thanks both... but I'm just the latest recruit to this wonderful team...