Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Recipe Night

My Ebay selling continues. E thinks I'm far too anal about how my auction pages look but I believe in letting the potential buyer see exactly what they might be getting. No room for confusion with my Ebay auctions, no sirree.

So I figured tonight would be good for a recipe. My mom brought this back from my cousin Meredith's wedding. I'm sure she didn't come up with the cookie recipe but they were a wedding favor (a cookie and two cookie cutters with recipe attached) and being the one who did all the work and the bride she naturally got to name them.

They're darn easy to make and you'll get the best cookies for using cookie cutters on. I even purchased a set of dinosaur cookie cutters on Ebay so Cal and I could make them for his snack day. The class has already been treated to two times of fish cookies. I don't go that extra step and put icing on the cookies (too messy) but I do put colored sprinkles on each uncooked batch. They're delish.

Meredith's Sugar Cookies

1 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
3 cups Flour

Cream softened butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until blended. Add baking powder and flour one cup at a time, blending completely between additions. Continue mixing until dough forms a ball. Bake in 400 degree oven for 7-9 minutes. Watch carefully as cookies should only brown on the edges not the top. Cool completely. Mix water and powdered sugar to make a thick icing. Ice and decorate cookies (optional).

Tamara

No comments: