Saturday, March 10, 2007

Nibbles II the Second

Yesterday I went to feed the new household pet and to my astonishment in 5 short days he had already died. So today, after spending a good portion of it at work trying to catch up on things, I made a side trip to PetSmart on my way home. I had hopes of replacing the little fuzzy beast before my daughter returns to my place on Monday.

I was in luck...one honey bear hamster left. I purchased him, got home, washed out the Critter Trail habitat, put him in his new abode and hoped for the best. What is best? One, my daughter does not even notice the switch. Two, hope the new Nibbles lives to his full life span of 5-7 years. If that can be accomplished, all will be well.

But as I was watching the new Nibbles moving around I realized he's a bit larger than the other guy. Hence this may be why he seems to be getting stuck in the tubes of his new home. Gee I sure hope my daughter doesn't notice and that he works that issue out by Monday. I can say his food must be agreeing with him.

There are times I find myself doing things I would not normally do. But hey, why make a 6 year old sad when a replacement can be gotten so easily? Wish me luck.

Now off to your updates. Enjoy them!

Elisa

No comments: