Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Productive Day

Today mom, the kids and I took our annual Spring Break trip to Lawton to visit the tax guy. He's actually mom's tax guy but my brother and I tag along (he's in spirit only) and pay to have our taxes done by him as well. He makes a tidy sum for less than an hour's worth of work because mom's trained us right and our information is always tidy. No messy shoe box full of receipts for us, it's all itemized on an Excel spreadsheet and all of the important paperwork is neatly paper clipped together.

My dad will be disappointed this year because they're actually getting a refund from the state. He likes to owe every year because he doesn't like the government getting interest on his money. Good news...they owe for Federal.

Me, I like the government to have my money's interest. That surprise every year of how much we're going to get back makes the trip to Lawton worth it. Well, we also get to visit K-Mart. All of the Oklahoma City K-Marts closed a few years back and we kind of miss them. Actually I still miss K-Mart because the Lawton one is but a shadow of its former self. I couldn't even find any good toys to buy this trip. I bought a nylon kite and two packages of socks.

Tamara