Sunday, March 18, 2007

First Attempt

Freedom is a good thing. However, today I denied the hamster that right. It's a good thing too. He wouldn't live long free in this household. His first escape this morning and he lived to see another day. One very disappointed cat is also living to see another day. And needless to say, my six year old was very happy with the outcome.

Trying to catch a hamster darting frantically under and around the couch and keep the cat away at the same time was not something I would like to repeat. My daughter was very upset but keept her cool. The cat puffed up to the size of a small dog she was so excited.

Luckily all ended well but I'm sure from the hamster's view another day was lost. But hey we did feed him once we put him back in and the kitty threat has been lowered.

Here's hoping the first and final attempt has been made.

Enjoy your updates.

Elisa

No comments: