Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ramble from Linda

Lucky us. We've got another ramble from Linda.
Sense of Humor

My niece Victoria has a wicked and sometimes weird sense of humor. Vicky age 7, talks very grown up for her age. One reason is because we never talked "baby talk" to her or her sister when they were growing up. So their speech patterns are quite mature.

For health reasons, I drink bottled water only. These days I drink about 7 to 8 bottles a day. I put the empties in a large trash can in the kitchen. At the end of the week, one of Vicky's chores is to put the bottles in a trash bag and put them in the recyclable bin in front of the house on trash day.

Unbeknownst to me, Vicky has been counting the bottles each week and writing the numbers down. Yesterday I was in the kitchen when she was doing her chores. I watched her seal up the bag, then write something down on her notepad. Then she went into the walk-in closet where we keep the cleaning supplies and came out with three bags of bottles.

She sat the three bags with the other one, pulling out her notepad she told me that each bag holds 50 bottles each. For a total of 200 bottles. Vicky then grabbed two bags in each hand. As she carried the bags towards the front door, she threw over her shoulder this statement... "Sissy, we really need to talk about your serious drinking problem."

I was stunned at first. Then I nearly died laughing my butt over that. I asked her if she knew what that saying really meant. Vicky said she did. She had heard it on one of grandma's soaps. It was meant for beer or whiskey. Vicky said that it was funny when she thought about me and my bottled water. She was just waiting for the day when the numbers hit 200 on her notepad to pull off the joke.

That kid just slays me sometimes.

Linda


It's official. I think Linda's family definitely has the sense of humor gene. Her mom is great, her nieces are funny and Linda is no slouch in the humor department herself. Don't you know that really helps when it's time to get through big family holiday dinners.

E-mail Linda and thank her for rambling and enjoy those updates.

Tamara

No comments: