Monday, September 04, 2006

It's time to say goodbye to my tan. *sigh*

It's Labor Day here in the United States, which means the kids are out of school today. We've had a lazy weekend of doing nothing but that's what Labor Day weekend usually ends up being. Many folks head to the beach or the lake for a final vacation and to say farewell to Summer. My pool has already said farewell if the green tinge to the water is any indication.

Enjoy the Buffy heavy update tonight and don't forget to vote on the Pheasant McNuggets Contest Entries.

Tamara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regardless of how much you like them--vanity thy name is...--keep repeating to yourself,"Tans are Bad, Tans are Bad, Tans are Bad..." You're right. I'm in the mountains in Asheville, N.C. enjoying weather that I'll never have in TX. Most folk think that Labor Day marks the end of summer, but in TX it only means that now one must work And sweat! So if it's cool where you live enjoy the breeze for us hot TX dweelers.

Tamara said...

Yeah, I know they're bad but I delude myself into thinking it's okay because I don't lay out in the sun. The tan just happens during swim season and I always use a spf 30 sunblock. The Myrtle Beach trip was a real boon to tanning but I did slather the sunscreen on faithfully and never got burned...just brown. I owe thanks to the genes contributed by my Mexican Grandma.