Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Rainy Days and Mondays

I nearly missed the update tonight. Yesterday was a bank holiday here so I had the day off, consequently I've spent most of today feeling as though it were Monday...

Of course, being a bank holiday, and with the kids being off school, it rained. It absolutely bucketed down. All day.

Poor little Snow didn't get to run around the garden, or go for a walk, she had to settle for playing with her indoor toys, which aren't nearly as much fun as digging up my tomato plants or playing hide-and-seek in the geraniums...

I had intended to go to the zoo with Barbara and her mother, (although I'm not a big fan of zoos the one nearby isn't too bad), but the weather was far too awful for that. We went to the cinema instead. Barbara is still a bit young for the violent action or sci-fi movies I usually watch so it was a choice of The Lion King or a cartoon about squirrel thieves called The Nut Job. (Which quite frankly looked dire). Fortunately Barbara preferred The Lion King. I wouldn't say it was particularly brilliant but it was ok. Barbara loved it though, which is the important thing.

Ze

No comments: