Wednesday, December 25, 2013

On Christmas Day

It's more than "cool", that I get Christmas to update, T. It's bloody brill.

There are a few updates for you tonight folks. I bet you're surprised, I know I was. I fully expected to have nothing to report.

Well, Christmas Day is nearly over. That's the trouble, it takes so long to get here and then pouf, it's over in a flash.

It was a good day though. I ate well - but not too much. I played Christmas songs - Fairytale of New York is without a doubt the best Christmas song ever, closely followed by I Believe in Father Christmas. And, even after all these years, Feed the World still has the power to make me all choked up. I played Gregorian chant of the Christmas Mass. I played carols. We didn't watch TV at all - no, not even the Queen.

Unsurprisingly I got books as presents. And more books. Oh, and some more books. And one, lone, shower-gel. My cousin also got books. And a dvd she wanted, of a really bad film starring Noomi Rapace, (her current crush).

Rang my sister in Australia. Rang my cousin's sister (who tried Australia, didn't like it and came home), in Rugeley. And her brother, in London. And my brother, also in London. Saw my other sister (local) and my nephew, tool presents there - brought some back.

Went for a walk (the rain stayed away, briefly). Came back and ate mince-pies and drank coffee.

All-in-all we had a good day.

I hope those of you who celebrate Christmas, could do so. I hope those of you who wanted to spend time with family and friends, were able to. And those of you who wanted to spend time, quietly, reflectively, by yourself, could. I hope you all had warmth, and shelter, and enough to eat. And that you could feel the joy of the day as much as we could. I wish you all peace, and contentment, and I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

See you next week, goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: