Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Too Tired to Think

I really am totally shattered. If my bother is worried tonight he's going to have to phone somebody else. I can't stay awake again. I don't need a lot of sleep but even I can't work a nine-hour day on only 2 hours sleep a night, four days running... He should be all right though. They've gone to stay at the in-laws in Halifax. It's quiet up there (so far).

Tired for another reason too. On my way home from work I had to stop off at my sister's house to bury her cat. (My sister can't dig). She (the cat, that is) had to be put to sleep this morning. She had a series of strokes yesterday which left her partly paralysed, and another in the night which left her completely paralysed. The vet said she wouldn't recover and it was the kindest thing to do.

My nephew is devastated. He's grown up with that cat. (She was 16). She wasn't really my sister's cat so much as my nephew's. Or rather he was her boy.

She would sleep on his bed. She'd follow him around. She would sit on my sister's lap, or look to be stroked by her - but only if my nephew wasn't around. I used to joke that she was his soul-mate. Poor lad. He's really going to miss her.

It's been a hell of a week.

Yesterday I meant to mention the date - but my anger at the rioters put it completely out of my mind). Yesterday was the 66th anniversary of the dropping of the Nagasaki bomb. The second bomb dropped in the world's first nuclear war. It needs to be remembered. If we ever stop remembering we might do it again.

See you next week. Stay safe. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze


No comments: