Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring is Sprung, Der Grass is Riz

It's a quotation so the bad grammar is intentional. It continues I wonder where der boidies is. It's a bit of nonsense verse I learnt as a kid, it's called Spring in The Bronx. I had a whole book of nonsense poems like that. Stuff like "I eat my peas with honey, I've done it all my life, it makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on the knife" I think my favourite was I Wish I Was a Little Grub which went something like this

    I wish I was a little grub, with whiskers on my tummy,
    I'd crawl into a honey pot and make my tummy gummy.

See - now you know why I'm bonkers. Other kids had nursery rhymes, I had
    The chicken is a noble beast
    The cow is much forlorner
    Standing in the pouring rain
    A leg on every corner

But anyway, as I was saying - spring has arrived. And the weather has been beautiful this week. Warm & sunny. All the daffodils are in bloom in the woods and parks (just in time to be stolen for Mothering Sunday), and the forsythia in the garden is spectacular. The birds are singing their little lungs out. Or croaking them out if they're the sort that can't sing. And I got a contract for the new housing development. Six months work!!

It's great to be alive.

Ze

No comments: