Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sunsets & stuff

It's warmed up a (very) little these past few days so we could crack on with the windows. Managed to get all the prep work sorted. Forecast is for more sub-zero temps & snow from the end of the week but it'll be Christmas shut-down soon anyway. With any luck it will warm up again in the New Year - when we'll be wanting to gloss.

I missed my bus home this evening and had to wait in the cold for twenty extra minutes for the next one. Why did I miss it?? I was stood standing like a wally for over half-an-hour, watching the sunset, and I didn't notice the bus until it was passing me.

It was a hell of a sunset though.

Not a drop of red sky in it, dark pink was as close as it got to that. Most of it was a warm, rich, pale orange which deepened and darkened as the rest of the sky turned to indigo. It was amazing.

It's a beautiful world we live in, when we let it be.

Quick note about something (totally unimportant really) that bugs me - for some of my American (USA) friends and some of our American (USA) readers (and it does tend to be American or American-influenced folk - I'm not just being biased again) - the Twelve Days of Christmas are after Christmas not before. They end on Twelfth Night (that's why it's called Twelfth Night of course) aka Epiphany Eve.

Ze

No comments: