Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a...

White Christmas. And at the rate things are going I'm going to get one. Snowed Friday morning, snowed Sunday morning and it snowed a lot very early Monday morning. So much so that the entire county ground to a halt. We had 45cm of snow in the garden. All the buses in Devon stopped running. Couldn't get to work. Unheard of for this part of the country.

Made it to work today as some buses were running and I could walk the rest of the way. Gonna be treacherous tomorrow though - all the places traffic has been has turned to slush and with the forecast for minus 7 tonight the roads will be ice-rinks tomorrow. So the choice is walking on a sheet of ice or walking up to your knees in snow. Great.

Tomorrow is the last day of work before the Christmas break so it can snow as much as it likes for the next few days.

Unfortunately it was cloudy this morning and threatening more snow so I didn't get to see the once-in-several-lifetimes solstice lunar eclipse. I'm p/o'd about that.

Anybody seen this on LFMF?? Doesn't it sound like the sort of thing I'd do?? It's nice to know I'm not alone in my ability to damage myself. There are others just as daft.

Last but not least - wishing all our Pagan and Wiccan readers a Good Solstice/Yule

Ze

No comments: