Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ramble from Marilee

Marilee is here to update us on how her holiday preparations are going....
Well, I have heard it said that cooking can be expensive. That is true, but I can tell you for certain sure baking is!

My brother is a good cook. He is great with soups, casseroles, stews...salads are very good.

I bake....cakes, breads, cookies and so on.

With this being Christmas, I am busy and I am broke!

I have made fudge, made macaroons, have 'no bakes', peanut butter and sugar cookies to make.......several dozens at a time. The sugar cookies will be decorated during sunday's football games. Santa is more likely to have a helmet than his usual hat.

This cookie baking thing started out as just family, then a few friends were added, then co-workers, then to business folks....and this stuff is because of my brother, sister and brother-in-law.

Oh well, as long as everyone gets a little something and it makes them happy.

I hope everyone will have a good Christmas and a very safe and Happy New Year!

Marilee


This is the first year I haven't done Cookiefest. I decided everyone at work could benefit just as much from me taking two large containers of cookies in for everyone to share. It was a lot less work for me and they were as pleased to eat them as they were when everyone got individual bags of four different types of cookies.

Y'all take a little time to let Marilee know how your holiday eats preparations are going and thank her for rambling.

Tamara

No comments: