Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Eve

I waited all year for this night as a child. Back then we used to go to my grandparents' house, eat dinner and then rip open packages from them and other relatives. I loved this night even more than the actual Christmas Day as my grandparents were absolute heroes in my life. I loved every minute with them and still miss them to this day. I'm sure as an adult I would have formed a different opinion of them (and them of me), but from a child's heart they were perfect.

As an adult I now enjoy the slowness of this day with Christmas just around the corner. I only worked a half day with tomorrow off to look forward to. Time with those I love is always appreciated.

Being an atheist means I get to enjoy this crazy holiday for nothing but fun. The tree, lights, food, presents and time with my created family. What more could actually be asked for? See there is a Santa...I do believe.

Where ever you are and whatever you believe...enjoy.

Elisa

No comments: