Friday, December 07, 2007

Tree Night

The kiddo and I will decorate our large noble, which is currently sitting bare in the living room. Lights, ornaments and the usual brings us fun. I do love the tree once a year. Scents, sights and entertainment as we watch the fur balls run around it happily as if they were outside. One month a year and each tree bringing a uniqueness to our life. Memories to keep, kind of like life, paths created and followed all different and yet so similar. Gives us hope and fills the season with excitement.

Traditions were a bit thin in my household as a kid growing up within a zero religion space. My grandparents brought this season alive for us though. The magic of the tree brings those great moments back in my mind, at least for a little while each year. Now I get to share the same ornaments and fun with my daughter. Holding onto the traditions that may one day move further down a road.

Have a great weekend. Enjoy your updates!

Elisa

No comments: