Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice!

An ice storm hit Oklahoma yesterday. It's bad enough the kids didn't have school today. Ice isn't as much fun as snow but the kids still rode down the hill in our backyard on a snowboard. Trees encrusted with an inch of ice aren't very much fun to crash into, however.

My mom's power is off but so far we've only been without power for a bit last night and today just a few flickers. Cable (and thus my internet) were down most of the afternoon. That wasn't a hardship though. We're a household well-stocked with DVDs.

I'm expecting the kids to be home tomorrow as well. More freezing rain is in our forecast and the temps are dropping now that night is falling. Send good thoughts my way that I don't end up killing one or both of my children if ice keeps them home tomorrow too.

Tamara

No comments: