Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friends or not?

The weather here has been record breaking cold over the last week or so and the snow still sits on the ground waiting for the thaw. It's gonna be there all weekend according to the weather reports and my thermostat out back.

All this cold has created an interesting feature in my back shed. Mind you this is a space split into two rooms. One has a washer, dryer, freezer and some storage for extra food items. The other space further back is huge and holds my bins of storage crap and a large area of tools (someday I will make a work bench there hopefully). Last night doing laundry I opened up the door and two bats flew past in lightning speed...very cool. However, later in the night I walked in to get my dried clothes from the dryer and noticed furry little things scampering across the floor. Then again this morning, bright and early, I popped in quickly to get some stuff. I opened the door to and entire fleet of those furry animals helping themselves to some cat food I had stored back there (no longer). These friends I don't really need. Here's hoping warmth returns soon and they all find their permanent living spaces once again and that it doesn't include my shed area.

Now back to the regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your updates!

Elisa

No comments: