Wednesday, December 09, 2015

They Dined on Mince and Slices of Quince

Feeling a little bleugh tonight. I may or may not have over-indulged in mince-pies.

Well - it is December. Almost Christmas. And I love mince-pies.

I'm an old-fashioned, tradition-is-important, sort of cove. I only eat mince-pies in December. I only eat hot-cross-buns at Easter. I only eat crumpets in winter. I only eat strawberries and cherries when it's summer. I know these things are available all-year-round these days, but I think it spoils the specialness if you eat them at any old time of the year. It's important to keep the specialness.

So I may have let my excitement at Christmas (yay!!) and mince-pies (double yay!!) get slightly out of hand. I might just have eaten one or two too many. OK - maybe three too many. I meant to eat two, with a cup of coffee, after my tea. But there are six in a box...

So now I feel a bit bleugh.

(Bleugh = technical description for that slight feeling of nausea after having over-indulged in rich food. Also known as "I was greedy and now I have indigestion".)

I'll make sure I only eat two tomorrow.

See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.


Ze

No comments: