Thursday, December 03, 2015

Sad News to Announce

As they say All Good Things Must Come to an End. We are about to reach our end. The Uber Etc domain and web site will not be renewed this coming year. We officially will have our last update on 12/31/15. It seems fitting to finish out the year.

Over the years there has been a huge shift in how folks post their fan fiction to the internet. RSS feeds are now commonplace and many new fanfic writers use sites like Tumblr for their work.

Many of the old guard Xena fanfic writers are now published authors themselves. Places like Uber Etc. are not really needed any more for femmeslash fans to get their fix.

You will always have Fanfiction.net and A03 in case you are in need of online stories. If you haven't noticed that's where the bulk of our updates have been coming for at least the past year or two. Our regular sites just aren't updating like they used to sadly.

So keep reading and we thank you for joining us over the years. We will leave the blog up in case you want to look back. And enjoy these last few weeks of updates.

Peace, Health and Happiness.

Elisa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the years of reading pleasure.

Joan Arling said...

Thank you for a long time of reading pleasure. I'll be missing my daily fix of uberetc.

Knight child said...

I'M REALLY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR NOT RENEWING YOUR SIGHT AFTER THIS YEAR.ONE BECAUSE YOU ALL DO LOOK AT THE OTHER SITES THAT I CAN'T GET AND I CAN READ THOSE YOU FIND HERE ON YOUR SITE . I'VE BEEN A BIG FAN OF ALL THE SITE'S LIKE UBER ABODE AND OTHERS.SO I'LL MISS ALL THE WORK,YOU DO AND THE STORYS YOU ALL FIND FOR US TO READ.SO THANK YOU.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all the years of reading pleasure.Now we only have the academy of bards left hope they stay .

Fausta88 said...

Thank you for all your work for all this time. Every day i come here to know what new appears in the little world of fanfics.
You will be missed.
Fausta.

Bchgrl11 said...

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this site. I stumbled on to your site a couple of years ago and it opened my eyes to all different sites and stories. It is very sad to see you all go and not get the daily fix of comments and stories of your lives. It will be like moving away from a bunch of friends. Thank you thank you thank you. All of you will be surely missed.

Bchgrl11 said...

Thank you all for your work on this site it always brightens my day. I stumbled upon your site one day and it opened my eyes to other great sites and stories. Thank you thank you thank you you will be missed a great deal. For providing a list is all these wonderful stories but also hearing all your personal stories - ferrets, construction site insights and thoughts on what is going on in the world. It will be as if several friends are going away.

Best wishes and I hope you all stay happy and healthy I have enjoyed my access into you lives.

E said...

I really appreciate all these nice comments thank very much.

Unknown said...

I'd like to add my thanks for all of your hard work on this site. You've been amazing! Thank you.
-gillian