Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The End is Nigh

Last-but-one update from me.

T - Nooooooooooo don't do Tumblr - that place is chaos incarnate!! Stick with blogger... lol

If E can get the blog disconnected from the website before the website goes offline then, you'll need to change any bookmarks you have for it, but it will still be here for you to check back over old stuff. And I might just drop in from time to time to bore you with cute ferret stuff and such.

I think the yahoo group will still be there too - so I can let members know when I have passed by.

Oh yeah - and of course our uber etc email addys won't work any more either. So for my remaining two updates the link will have a different addy for those of you who'd like to keep in touch. (Joan?? Mel??)

Right - checking AO3 - this is the link you'll need AO3 f/f

It lists all the works that have been tagged as f/f - that's female/female not fan fic *g* - in date order - most recent first. You just need to check each page to see if there are stories the fandoms you like, or new chapters. There are usually between 15 and 20 pages of updates per day (more at busy times like Christmas) but if you're not checking all fandoms you can skip most of them. If you join the site you can get alerts for favourite authors/updates to stories etc. Obviously I never did that because I was checking all f/f stories for the site, not just in my fandoms. There's a button for RSS feed too.

Check the warning tags, check the pairing tags, read the summaries - because not everybody tags properly and just because it's been tagged f/f doesn't mean it is f/f.

You can narrow your searches - click on the pairing you want to bring up just stories with that pairing. Click on the writer's name to bring up only their stories. Click on a fandom to bring up all stories in that fandom. Do a search and choose your tags to avoid certain things or select certain things.

I'll see you all tomorrow for my last hurrah. Until them happy reading.


Ze


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to thank you all for the commitment you have all made to keeping us updated throughout the years. You were my end of the day fix. Through your blog you have enlightened me. I also want to thank you for easing us into the end and not just stop updating like other sites have done.
Happy New Year

Tamara said...

I'm going to check out Tumblr for the folks who might want to try and read new fanfic there. I know a lot of people post their fiction to it. We won't ever post any of this site at Tumblr...no way, no how. It's weird.

And, yes, we'll keep up the Yahoo Groups and that way folks can be notified if something gets posted here. I figure you'll have some recommendations for people to read.

Anonymous said...

HEEELP!!!

yahoo.co.uk tells me there is no such user "zero2aries". How do I stay in contact?