Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ramble and Game from Phair

Fun to be had for all!
For my birthday, my amazingly brilliantly beautiful little sister made me an aunt for the first time again for the twelfth time since this my oldest niece, Laura Lyn arrived. But my sister also had a gift for me to keep for myself. An iPod. She got me a Shuffle. As I took the item from the bag, she told me not to open the box unless I really wanted to be trapped with 'limited technology.' Everything I needed to get going was in the bag she handed me but it was capped at 250 songs. No Pictures. No Movies. No Extras.

"I didn't want to force you into the current techno babble society you complain about all the time. So, you can keep the Shuffle and enjoy OR..." It's OR 's like that which made Satan his fortune.

The OR was an upgrade. All I needed to do was go to the local Apple Store. I only went to the store to get help setting up my Shuffle. I swear I did. But the nice handsome chiseled featured man in the green shirt told me about all the advantages for...screw it, I'm lying! The handsome guy at the store wanted me to keep the Shuffle. He said he loved his and there was no need to upgrade given my current decreased techno demands. DAMN!

I craved that upgrade. It was a need I can't describe with only words. And, not just by one level. I went two steps up to the nano so I could get the red to match my phone. Dear God, I don't even match my clothes. Or even iron them for that matter. I would have gone up two levels to THE iPod but there was no red. I'm such a lost cause consumer! Please just take my money out of my pockets and charge me more for the curb side service. Ungggh.

Well, I sit here tonight with cool September winds blowing the summer tourists back to the main land and listening to my Nano iPod. All 18 songs. Yes, only 18 up loaded songs out of 9000 possible.

Fine, be disappointed in me but don't throw things yet. I thought of a game we could play to entertain ourselves, 'Name phair iTunes.' This could be fun for you and help me store good music. Just toss some songs and artists my way (it would be best if they were available at iTunes, easier to load but not a deal breaker if they're not). The winning categories are 1) The most happening, 2) The most forgotten best tune ever, 3) The most best music ever and 4) Most suggestions by an individual.

The winners in each category will be awarded a prize (a signed copy of my novel The Aethereal Sea). I'm the only judge. No contesting the outcome. I'm phair but not that fair.

To help narrow down my likes and dislikes and never rans, I'll tell you the songs currently on my iPod and in my car CD and house stereo (yes, I have a stereo, I still play records - stop laughing at me).

1 Photograph - Ringo Starr
2 The Wedding Song - Peter, Paul, and Mary
3 Heaven - Psychedelic Furs
4 Ghost in You - Psychedelic Furs
5 Pretty in Pink - Psychedelic Furs
6 Love My Way - Psychedelic Furs
7 President Gas - Psychedelic Furs
8 Life is Beautiful - Vega4
9 See the World - Gomez
10 Who Loves You - Frankie Valli
11 Shut Your Eyes - Snow Patrol
12 You're All I Have - Snow Patrol
13 Run - Snow Patrol
14 Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
15 Chocolate - Snow Patrol
16 Nausea - Beck
17 Whole of the Moon - The Waterboys
18 Running up That Hill - Kate Bush
19 Mushaboom - Feist
20 My Moon My Man - Feist
21 People Get Ready - Eva Cassidy
22 Tall Trees in Georgia - Eva Cassidy
23 Take Me to the River - Eva Cassidy
24 What a Wonderful World - Eva Cassidy
25 The Perfect Kiss - New Order
26 I Take My Chances - Mary Chapin Carpenter
27 Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
28 One Step Up - Bruce Springsteen
29 Tunnel of Love - Bruce Springsteen

And while they are not currently loaded, RUSH and Peter Gabriel and Chuck Mangione are huge for me.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Phair
p.phair@comcast.net


I personally am a musicholic, hence tonight's ramble leaves me going through my collection and wondering what I can suggest. Join the fun and throw some suggestions to phair. You never know you may get a nifty book out of the deal! And phair, I still have my turntable as well, but it is hooked up to a dandy Audio CD-R burning machine.

Off to your updates, enjoy!

Elisa

No comments: