Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Avast!

My computer seems to be running okay with the installation of a new power supply. *knock wood* Upon removing the old power supply Mike noticed it was only a 150 watt unit. Evidently that's way too weak. It was probably okay for when this machine was put together (a cheapie E Machines computer from Best Buy). He replaced it with a 300 watt power supply and, so far, it hasn't shut down unexpectedly. I even opened Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Firefox and Notepad all at the same time with no shut down. Mike also ran the memory diagnostic disc that was making the machine shut down and it stayed up. I'm hoping this fixes the issue. If I can get at least another year out of this computer that would be great.

And...on a more interesting note, my friend The Keith tells me it's Talk Like a Pirate Day. So brush up on yer pirate lingo and join the fun.

Tamara

No comments: