Friday, September 14, 2007

Movie Day

A rarity for me. I don't usually see a lot of movies in the theater that don't include a 6 year old. I treated myself today. I have a few actors that I truly follow and Jodie Foster is one of them.

I can say her last few films have not been my favorite. However The Brave One puts them all to shame. Ever see The Crying Game? Neil Jordan directed that one as well. Once again he comes through with a mind blowing film. The critics and reviews of this movie have completely missed the intensity of it. Even amongst the incredible amount of violence in the movie I enjoyed it (another rarity). The photography captures it all as it pans around almost in circles and Jodie's voice haunts us throughout.

So if you don't mind a lot of violence, and I mean a lot, and you enjoy thought-provoking and intense movies I recommend The Brave One.

Now on to your updates, enjoy.

Elisa

p.s. Thank you, Dez. We appreciate the comment! (see comment on 9-12)

No comments: