Friday, September 07, 2007

Help!

Here's my problem. My computer was having the issue of shutting down suddenly. It didn't happen when a particular program was up, it didn't happen at a set time. Recently it started getting worse so I had Mike wipe everything from my hard drive and reinstall. I thought the issue was taken care of. The computer was running less sluggishly and I was a happy camper. It was not to be, however. Today it did that shut down thing again. Has anyone had an issue like this? Any suggestions what I should be looking for? I'm extremely frustrated. E-mail me if you have anything at all.

Tamara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before I make a comment, I'll confess my semi-ignorance on this subject. That said, a couple of common things you might check are overheating and power supply. Since you wiped the drive, it most likely isn't a software problem unless you just reinstalled the offending program.

If you're running hot or the tower isn't venting/fanning properly it tends to get cranky. Also if any little blip in the power supply occures it will cause it to shut down without warning.

Like I said, I don't know much but you might check those two things out. Good luck.

LC