Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bad Penny

Another day of appointments for me. I'm officially checked under the hood *and* new glasses are on order. Duncan had his first visit to the eye doc and, shock of shocks, he doesn't need glasses...yet. I think he was saved by not being a voracious reader. That computer/console gaming will get his eyes one day.

I only had Duncan to help me decide on new frames so if they look like complete crap on me he's to blame. Last time I got new glasses E was visiting and she helped me pick new ones. Mom has been a big help on previous occasions but she was watching Cal. I got to hear helpful remarks from my oldest son like "those make you look too severe" and "those make you look like you have an oval for a head". Yeah, I didn't know quite what to make of that last one either.

Nobody had to advise me during my ob-gyn visit of course. Stirrups I can do just fine on my own. The worst part of that visit is stepping on the scale. That I always dread. Probably the opposite of most people. After giving birth to two kids I don't have any qualms about checking out the goods. Janet has small, warm hands and a chatty bedside manner, which makes the yearly checkup quick and painless.

And with that show stopper of a last line, here's some more hype for y'all....
My story, And Playing the Role of Herself, was accepted by Regal Crest Enterprises last year, and published earlier this year under the author name K.E. Lane. The book is now available from StarCrossed Productions as well as other online retailers, or can be ordered from your local bookstore.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's a synopsis:

Actress Caidence Harris is living her dreams after landing a leading role among the star-studded, veteran cast of 9th Precinct, a hot new police drama shot on location in glitzy LA. Her sometimes-costar Robyn Ward is magnetic, glamorous, and devastatingly beautiful, the quintessential A-List celebrity on the fast-track to super-stardom. When the two meet on the set of 9th Precinct, Caid is instantly infatuated but settles for friendship, positive that Robyn is both unavailable and uninterested. Soon Caid sees that all is not as it appears, but can she take a chance and risk her heart when the outcome is so uncertain?

And for those of you who are wondering how the book might differ from the online story enough to make it worth your hard earned scratch, you can take peek at the book's first chapter at my website www.kelaneworks.com, under the preview link.

dabkey


Rejoice! Tomorrow you get E again. I think I'm over my guilt of having her do last week all by herself. Enjoy 'em.

Tamara

No comments: