Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow

It fell all day here in the outskirts of Seattle. I continued to go out and crunch about in it to make sure I wasn't crazy. I even took pictures and sent them to Tamara throughout the day, hardly believing it myself. Unfortunately my daughter wasn't with me during this grand time of wonder. And I presume it will be melted away prior to her appearance on Tuesday...bummer.

As a child I loved the rare gift of snow. We saw very little of it unless we drove to the mountains (we did this often). But there was something splendid in zooming out that front door layered in clothing to go enjoy the splendor of snow in the front yard.

I still enjoy it even as an adult. Perhaps living in a place that gets tempted by snow, but only a couple of times a year and usually with amounts that equal nothing, makes it magical. So today I'll enjoy that gift from nature with the hope of more soon to follow.

Now off to your updates. Enjoy them.

Elisa

No comments: