Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Recipe Night

You read that correctly. We will hopefully throw one your way on various occasions. Hence...you got a recipe you would like to share? Email it to us and we'll pop it up for everyone and be totally appreciative that you sent it our way.

So tonight I start off with one that was served to me in Oklahoma and has now made its way back to Seattle.

Chili Pot Pie

1 lb. of hamburger meat - brown this
2 small or 1 large can of enchilada sauce (your choice on heat level-red rather than green)
1 can of Ranch Style Beans (or Texas Chili Beans - my favorite)
1 full size bag of Fritos (I use a bit more if available)
Cheddar cheese, Marble jack, Monterey jack cheese (mixture is good), whatever kind of cheese you like on your Mexican food. (I use about a pound)

Additionally you can add 1 small can of green chilies to this. I like adding that green chili salsa you've got (Tamara likes the salsa I buy called Ariba the green version - several spoonfuls.)

Brown your hamburger meat then drain the grease.

Put enchilada sauce, Ranch Style beans, salsa, green salsa, whatever other sauces you want to add in a pan (with the meat) and heat it up. I usually let it cook until it simmers a bit.

Take some of your Fritos and layer the bottom of a casserole pan. Put a layer of cheese there too. Then add your sauce mixture on top of that. Then put the last of your Fritos on top and add more cheese. Put it in a 350-degree oven for about thirty minutes. Your green salsa is really tasty on top of this after it's cooked too.


I call this Frito pie. It's simple and darn tasty, hence works for me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Enjoy your updates.

Elisa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate what are Frito's????

E said...

My apologies. Frito's are corn chips (We use the regular flavor) but I am sure any corn chips would work.

Again sorry about that. Sometimes I space
that we don't all have the same offerings.

I linked Frito's to there web site so you can see what I am talking about.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anonymous said...

No need for apologies, Frito's would be Dorito's down here, lol.

I don't suppose Seattle is a little drive from LA eh? will be over your way Sunday. Grin

E said...

That would be a big 2 day drive or a nifty 3 hour plane flight that would probably do me in.

But remember we have an airport that also connects to Canada, so stop by anytime!

Anonymous said...

Will try for a stop over in Seattle next trip mate. I'm hoping to be over again at the end of 2007.

E said...

I'll be waiting.

Anonymous said...

Cool you can take me to all the clubs and we can get lucky eh!

E said...

ROFL! I'll give it a try, you may get luck.