Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ramble from Linda

Lucky you. A ramble from phair this week and now one from Linda. Most excellent.
Fun and Games

The other night I decided to take the girls out to dinner. Told them it was entirely their night, so they get to choose where we go. I knew I made a mistake the minute the words left my mouth. They wanted to go to Peter Piper Pizza. Oh great. Semi-bad pizza and tons of video games. So off we went.

My mother hates the pizza but loves the games. Victoria gets a kick out of watching her 73 year old grandmother kick butt on some of the games. One reason the girls love this place is because some of the games give out tickets for your scores. With these tickets you can buy really cheesy, cheap toys.

The only reason I was there was to hand out the money so Mom, Ellie and Victoria could play the games. I don't play for two reasons...one...I am in a wheelchair and it is hard to get back there to play...two...I really hate video games. LOL

So my main job was to guard the pizza and be the ticket holder/counter. After a while this got to be a serious job. Mom and Victoria found this one game that really kicked out the tickets. By the end of the evening, Victoria had 875 tickets and Ellie had 692, for a total of 1567. They took forever picking out their toys but finally they left with a large bag of little cheap toys.

As we were driving home the girls started playing with some of the toys. Chinese finger handcuffs, stickers, rubber stamps (I ended up with pink snake on my cheek). They had these little plastic suction cup things that you turn inside out and it pops up high in the air when you sit it down. But it is also great fun sticking it to your forehead. Side effect of this is it leaves a perfectly round hickey on your forehead. (I found this the next morning when I saw myself in the mirror).

One toy they had was a small 2 inch Frisbee you fire from a hand-held launcher. At one point Ellie aimed the launcher at me. I just barely got the words "My window is open" out before she fired. Yepper, right out the window it flew and into the open back window of a passing car. Stunned I turned back to the girls. Mom, who was driving, started giggling which set the rest of us laughing.

As we stopped for a red light minutes later, I hear dVictoria call my name. I turned around in my seat to see her with her nose pressed up against the window. She giggled and pointed to sometthing. I looked out my window to see right next to us the car that had our Frisbee. Victoria asked, "Do you think if we ask nicely, he'll give us back our Frisbee?" She nearly fell off her seat laughing.

This of course set the rest of us on another laughing fit. By this time the rest of the people around us figured we were all completely nuts. Which at this point I think we were.

Linda


I'm with Linda on being the keeper of the tickets. That's the best job because you can sit and read while you do it. Thank Linda for rambling for us once again and enjoy the updates.

Tamara

No comments: