Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Sad

For those of you following my adventures, and bonding, with my little ferrety-ferret.

She was put to sleep at 3pm last Thursday. She suffered a stroke in the night of Wednesday/Thursday. I knew something was wrong when I took her food in and she didn't come for it - or to greet me.

I opened her sleeping compartment and pulled back the blankets. She was there curled up - but I could see she was really, really poorly. She lifted her head and save a weak "dook" when she saw me and tried to drag herself to me - her back legs wouldn't work.

I rushed her to the vet but there was nothing they could do.

I held her and said goodbye and she quietly drifted off to sleep.

I am so going to miss her. It was a privilege getting to know her. She was a lovely little thing and a joy to watch as she played with her toys - and the watering-can - and explored the garden.

You wouldn't think such a little thing could leave such a bloody big hole in your heart...

Ze

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry, Ze. I was always amused by your ferret tales, I'm so sorry for your loss.

E said...

I am very sorry Ze. Not that you could have a "replacement" however I am betting there is another small ferret out there looking for a home and yours is splendid.

zero2aries said...

Thanks, Anon.

Thanks, E.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see it before, I'm really sorry for your loss Ze. If my cats were'nt immortal I'd be devastated.
Take care.
Ari from Brittany