Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Not a Lot About Even Less

Well, that little burst of nearly spring didn't last long. It's been cold (very), dark, grey, and downright gloomy since last Thursday. Ah well. It won't be long now, though, even if winter isn't quite ready to let go yet.

According to one of those "On This Day in History" column, today in 1815 Napoleon escaped from his exile on the island of Elba. For which I hated the place, in my English classes, at age 11. Because that was how we were taught what a palindrome was with an entire sentence. Able was I ere I saw Elba. I've never been there, (though I have been to Tuscany several times), it's probably a lovely place, but I've hated it ever since school.

I wasn't too keen on that ridiculous sea-shanty they made us learn, either. Boney was a Warrior. I still hate that too.

And now I have a sudden urge to listen to the 1812 Overture but that would be a bit anti-social at this time of night. Or maybe that German pop-song I used to like - don't know if I still have it though - it's been a hell of a long time since I've seen the record. Maybe it's in the loft.

Ze

No comments: