Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Sinterklaas, mince-pies, parties, and such.

Saint Nicholas' Day - Sint Nikolaas (Sinterklaas) - hope our readers in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, South Tirol, and Switzerland had a good day and had plenty of sweets in their shoes.

Our tree is up. The decorations are hung. Cards written (though not all of them posted yet). Some pressies bought. Some still to buy. Not looking forward to that at the weekend!! If you read a headline that says a woman was arrested for biting Christmas shoppers you'll know who it is.

And since it is now December I can eat mince-pies. I refuse to eat them at other times (just like I'll only eat hot-cross-buns in Easter week) because it spoils the special treat feeling. I love mince-pies (not easy finding vegan ones though).

Juggling Christmas meals & parties... I can't possibly have one every day next week... can I?? Oh, Lord!! I can feel the hangover already. Though Thursday's is a lunch so I'll not be drinking anything stronger than coffee at that one.

Nearly Christmas. **bounces happily**.

Gaudete, gaudete!! Christus est natus, Ex Maria virgine, gaudete!!

Ze

No comments: