Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bored

Correction: Yesterday I listed a story as "original" - In Search of Kringle by D. This was an error - I've corrected yesterday's entry but, just in case, I'm listing it again today. It's multi-fandom. CSI:Vegas; CSI:NY; L&O:SVU; Xena; Nikki & Nora; Wonder Woman; Facts of Life; Stargate; BoP; Popular; etc. etc. In fact, about the only person who doesn't appear is Uncle Tom Cobley - at least - I don't think he and Tam Pierce's grey mare are there, but I haven't finished it yet so there's still time!!

Got "Thank you for the presents" text messages from my nieces today. (Whatever happened to writing??) I sent them books for Christmas. Sent my brother a book too. Cds & dvds for my sisters. The same for my cousin - plus a cinema gift voucher. And a book. Books make good presents.

I don't go back to work until 3rd Jan. And I'm bored already. A couple of extra days off is great - but a week?? Time off in the winter is always more difficult than in spring or summer. I was going to tidy up the garden - dead-head a few dianthus, prune the fuchsias - that sort of thing. But the weather forecast was wrong - it wasn't sunny, it chucked it down. I decided to read The Prisoner of Zenda again instead. I might read Rupert of Hentzau tomorrow (mentally changing the ending as I usually do). I might even read The Count of Monte Cristo - I've got that two-volume edition I rescued a couple of months ago...

Can't go wrong with a good book.

It'll be 2012 before I'm with you again so I'll wish you all a Happy New Year. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you

Ze

No comments: