Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sport

Nothing can give you an ulcer quite as quickly as being a sports fan.

First there was ESPN - a channel I pay extra to receive - showing three out of the four preliminary finals of the AFL (Aussie Rules). Which one didn't they show?? The one with my team of course. Grr.

Then my team were beaten in their semi - by three points - just three lousy points!!

The England rugby team are doing a little better in the World Cup - currently being played in beautiful New Zealand. (God I loved it there - wish I could afford to go back - fantastic country, brilliant scenery, great people. Go if you ever get a chance). They've won their pool games so far. Not brilliantly mind and not playing particularly well, but at least they've won them.

The local rugby team is doing well too - (Oggy, oggy, oggy - Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs!!) Having (astonishingly) beaten both the Tigers and the Sarries before losing their third game and so being almost top of the table. Perhaps not so astonishing when you consider how many of both those teams' players are currently on duty in the World Cup.

The one that's really making me foam at the mouth though is my football team (soccer to you heathens) - who are scoring a nice lot of goals - unfortunately they're managing to score them for the opposing side!! We've lost two games so far this season (of 5 played) because we scored for our opponents (and lost a third because we were totally humiliated by a team in magnificent form - but we won't speak of that).

The manager (coach) is in trouble; it's our worst start to a season since he joined us, and the board have just announced that they have full confidence in him and there are absolutely no plans to sack him. In football that generally means start packing mate, you'll be gone by Christmas.

I hope they don't sack him - I don't think we'll find anybody better.

In other news - I'm cold and fed up. This morning was warm and humid so I wore a short-sleeved polo shirt to work and didn't bother with a jumper (sweater). This evening it absolutely chucked it down for two hours and turned proper chilli. I got soaked. Then had to stand at the bus stop in the wind and rain for ages as the bus was late. Consequently by the time I got hope I was freezing, soaked and dead grumpy. It is September. I will not put the heating on in September!!

Ah well - soon be Christmas *g*

Ze

No comments: