Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Allotment Goodies...

Friday is the equinox, so for our pagan or wiccan readers - we wish you a good Mabon here in the north or a good Ostara in the south.

Much better weather today - a perfect Autumn day. Blue sky, a few clouds, mostly sunshine, warm but not too warm, with a gentle breeze.

Picked some nice tomatoes from the allotment. And some curly greens (kale), though they're suffering a bit from white-fly at the moment. Need to find an organic spray for them. Loads of beans all-of-a-sudden. And we've started digging up the spuds.

It would have been a perfect evening too, if only I hadn't fallen into a very large patch of very vicious brambles. I have scratches where nobody should have scratches!! My own daft fault - I slipped off a ladder (only a little way - nothing dangerous, I wasn't very high - just a couple of rungs) because I leant too far sideways whilst picking some cooking apples from my sister's neighbour's tree. They don't use them so they let us pick them. They don't pick their blackberries either which is why their brambles have got big and vicious. I may have to pay them (the brambles, not the neighbours) a visit with my bill-hook!!

Blackberry and apple crumble for tea tomorrow. Excellent!! No, I'm not cooking. The kid is. I'll wash-up. I can do that - mostly - I do break the odd plate or cup but that's a hell of a lot less dangerous than setting fire to the kitchen!!

Enjoy your updates. See you next week. Goodnight and may your God/s go with you.

Ze

No comments: