Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Long day

Ever noticed how it always happens that way?? If you have all the time in the world nothing goes wrong, nothing interrupts you, nothing takes longer than expected, and so you finish doing whatever it was in double-quick time. That's why I was fifteen minutes early for the bus this morning. And that's in addition to the fact that I was starting an hour earlier than normal this morning!! There aren't a lot of people on the bus at that hour.

And on the other hand, when you don't have a lot of time, or you're tired and hope things are simple, or that you can finish the task quickly, that somehow it doubles in size and time and you're late for everything. Which is why even though I started checking my sites earlier than normal, thinking to myself "I hope there's not a lot to check tonight because I'm knackered and could do with an early night." here I am - three hours later - still checking!!

(And yes I am aware of the many and varied ways those two paragraphs can be misread to produce an entirely unintended set of double meanings!!)

I'm knackered because, after a full day of labouring at work, I stopped off on the way home to do some digging on the allotment (and only just made it home in time for the Xena re-run!! Tonight's episode was the season one classic Callisto. We're leaving the less-than-stellar behind and moving into the better eps.).

We are desperate for rain. The allotment is so dry you can dig down for more than a spit-and-a-half without hitting even slightly damp soil. Not good for the spuds or the carrots. Of course - the long hot spell also means that the minute we do get some decent rain all the lettuces will bolt!! I think I might start a new lot of seeds off - just in case.

Quick announcement... Shatterstorm are inviting sign-ups for the Femslash Advent Calendar Dog Days of Summer 2011.

Oh and - unidentified writer in an unspecified fantasy Fandom - you don't know how lucky you are that I was in a better mood tonight than last Wednesday!!

Ze

No comments: