Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Fools, Dogs and Sundry

First - quick note. LiveJournal has been having a lot of problems lately with DDOS attacks. A fair few of these links go to LiveJournal communities. If you get a "timed out" notice when clicking on a link then it's probably because of this. (In case you're not familiar with DDOS attacks - don't worry - nothing is attacking you or your computer. Just LJ's servers.) Clear your cache, wait a wee while and try again. And curse all hackers, spammers, virus makers, & general PITAs as you do so.

Other than that I haven't a clue what to ramble about tonight. The weather turned cool & wet again. (Well it is April - April Showers & all that.) Nobody played any stupid jokes on me for All Fools' Day, which is just as well because I'm not overly keen on those sort of jokes. It's been my experience that "pranks" usually mean people get hurt, physically or emotionally. And I've never been able to understand why it's considered wrong to break somebody's leg but perfectly ok - funny even - to make them look like a complete fool, or embarrass the hell out of them. It hurts just as much and lasts longer. I like my April Fool jokes to be a little more gentle. The Spaghetti Harvest for instance.

I've been browsing the Golden Retriever Rescue website. I think I'm almost ready to adopt another dog companion. I looked at the RSPCA & Blue Cross site but they mostly have terriers. And while I have nothing against terriers, when you re-home a rescue dog you never know what its history is. And my cousin has 4 cats. She'd kind of like to keep them. Terriers (especially Jack Russells) are notorious for their anti-cat attitude. Golden Retrievers are much more predictable. You really, really, really have to work hard to make a Goldie vicious. They're such softies. Besides - I've always had Goldies or collies and I like them.

Ze

No comments: