Sunday, November 21, 2010

Quiet

The kids are with their dad for another week. It's always way too quiet when they leave. I know E is going yay! it's quiet! but I'm used to the sound of my kids. On the plus side, I get to have noise again in the morning (I take Cal to school) and for a few hours after school while they wait to be picked up.

We got a little snow today in Shoreline. I was really bummed because they were nice, fat flakes. After the snow didn't stick I wasn't so bummed. I'm hoping we dodge the snow/ice bullet again this winter. Seattle doesn't handle it well and I'm not so keen on driving up and down hills that are covered in ice.

It's a short week for us due to Thanksgiving. The kids and I have full days Monday and Tuesday and we're out by noon on Wednesday. Being a household with split kids we're doing our Thanksgiving meal on Friday so little e can be with us. It would probably be easier to join everyone together but no one has a place that's big enough. And, I must admit, I'm partial to my cornbread dressing. I don't enjoy Thanksgiving as much if I'm not making it. Plus...leftovers are essential to a successful Thanksgiving. E and I always cook this meal with leftovers in mind.

You've got a decent sized update tonight. Have at it.

Tamara

No comments: